Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Famous Portraits


Richard Avedon photographed portraits. He took pictures that brought us closer to the great and famous. He normally has them in front of a white backdrop with no props or anything. I chose this photograph because this man's gaze is so piercing and attention-getting. His head is also at an angle that makes you think about what he is looking at and his emotions.


Arnold Newman developed an approach of portrait photography that is widely influential today. I chose this photograph because I liked how the man was off-center and his face has an interesting expression on it. It made me think about who he is/was and where he is/was. It was just a really interesting photograph that caught my attention.


Annie Leibovitz worked for several different magazines. She photographed many things including portraits. I chose this photograph because it was extremely eye-catching. Her facial features are so sharp and defined that it makes it look like she's posing when she's in a casual position. I just really loved this photograph because she looks so perfect.


No comments:

Post a Comment