Monday, June 2, 2014

Who Am I?

I am a girl with a passion for many things. Those things include family, friends, softball, volleyball, and just living. I play softball year-round, and I love the sport. It gives me so much joy, but there is always room for failure, which makes it 10 times more intense. My goal in life is to have a happy, healthy family with lots of friends playing the sports I love. I have this already. As a teenager, I have everything I could ever want. That's hard to get. I have thought about playing volleyball or softball in college, but I realized that that's not what I want to do. Even though my parents spend a lot of money on softball and volleyball for me, I just don't have the desire to play at that high of a level. I'm sure I would enjoy it, but for me, it's just too high stakes. I want people to know that I am a hardworking, dedicated person who spends lots of time trying to make things perfect. I'm what you would call a perfectionist, so if I make a mistake it turns my world on it's side. That is one of the reasons I don't want to play sports in college. I am currently working on trying not to overreact to small things like an error on the softball diamond, but it's hard to do. I have been taught since birth to go all out, use everything you've got. I've been expected to give the best result possible, if not the perfect result. Being a teenager is hard. Parents pressuring you to do well, balancing multiple sports with your homework and class schedule. Sometimes I think I can't do it. But, at the end of the day, everything turns out alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment