Friday, May 30, 2014

Culture Clash

The purpose of this project was to create a Clash of Cultures by creating your own Photo montage, combining images from Beijing, China and Yarmouth, Maine, USA, to further develop your Photoshop knowledge and skills, to create a "surreal" landscape by montaging a variety of photographs, and to know, use, and understand the Four Collage Techniques to in your Photo Montage: Juxtaposition/fragmentation, Point of View, Scale Change, and Overlapping. I learned lots from this project about photoshop. I learned that there are many different tools that do many different things. It's such a cool application! I also learned what a montage was and how to create one. It was difficult to not just drop things on there. It was difficult to make things look unordinary, but ordinary at the same time. I dealt with it by looking at some examples of previous culture clashes. I changed my background many times so that the other images would make sense. Overall, it was a fun, but challenging project and I'm glad I had the chance to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment